- About Us
- Flooring Displays
- Retail Displays
- Retail Shelving
- Crowd Control
- Digital Displays
- Display Cabinets
- Contact Us
September 26, 2019
4. They Lack Purpose
While e-commerce retail sites are ever-increasing in number today, they hold one disadvantage over the traditional brick-and-mortar stores, namely the lack of physical merchandise displays that allow customers to touch and see their products in person. Many consumers still prefer to shop in this manner rather than online. Sadly, not all traditional retail shops utilise their in-store product displays in effective ways. To prevent this from happening to you, we share some reasons why your in-store merchandise displays may not be working well for you in the following, so you can improve them where needed.
1. The Displays Are Too Busy
When trying to capture the attention of your customers, it is easy to overdo on your displays if you are not careful. At times, less is more effective than making a display so busy that the customers cannot understand what you are trying to sell them. For this reason, keep the message of the display clear and precise.
2. They Are One-Dimensional
Multi-dimensional displays provide layers of products and or information. Displays of this nature make customers stop and linger in front of them. The longer that they linger, the more likely they are to purchase the showcased products. If your displays are one-dimensional, though, your customers will just keep walking by them without stopping for a closer look.
3. Your Displays Are Overly Complicated to Maintain or Rearrange
It is difficult to rearrange or maintain overly complex displays. Remember that the displays require constant attention when you set them up to keep customers interested in their content. If you create ones that consume too much time and effort to put together, update or take apart, you may fall behind in caring for them.
4. They Lack Purpose
Even when your displays are attractive, they will be ineffective if they do not generate any sales. Retailers make this mistake often if they fail to show the product prices or use items in their displays that they do not sell. Another way that your displays can lack purpose is that they are not located in highly visible places in the store.
5. Your Displays Might Fail to Stimulate Your Customers’ Senses
Be certain that your product displays stimulate your customers’ senses. One example of this is a display of scented candles that are not wrapped in plastic, so that your customers can smell the various scents. Of course, there are many other senses to appeal to in order to entice your customers into buying your products.
For other reasons why your in-store product displays are not working well for your sales, consult with Jarvis Martin. Our company specialises in a wide variety of display units and can advise you on which ones are the best for your purposes.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO
- Customised Glass Display Cabinets: The Elegant Way to Showcase Limited Edition Products
- Essential Posters and Signage for Businesses amid COVID-19
- The Importance of Installing Crowd Control Line Barriers in Public Places for Social Distancing
- Acrylic Displays: The Convenient and Trendy Way to Showcase Your Products
- Basic Advertising Principles for an Effective Digital Signage
- How Crowd Control Systems Drive Efficiency and Sales in Large Retails Stores
- Types of Store or Shop that Can Use Glass Cabinets
- Signs that Tell Your Retail Shelving Isn’t Working for Your Business
- Benefits of Having Brochure Holders and Magazine Rack in Your Promotional Kit
- Reasons Why Small Retailers Should Consider Using Digital Displays