- About Us
- Flooring Displays
- Retail Displays
- Retail Shelving
- Crowd Control
- Digital Displays
- Display Cabinets
- Contact Us
March 23, 2020
Digital signage is, at its core, a communication tool, and one of the most common forms of communication for digital signage is advertising. If you ask your average consumer about ads, they will likely describe them as invasive, intrusive, annoying, long and unnecessary. Even if you advertise products yourself, you likely understand all these complaints and maybe share them.
At the same time, advertising is an absolute necessity. How else is everyone going to learn about what you have to offer? The issue isn’t so much advertising itself but how we choose to use it. There are two basic advertising principles digital signage users should know in depth in order to deliver truly effective advertising that isn’t incredibly irritating.
While this may seem obvious, you need to have a deeper understanding of who exactly your customer is. For example, let’s say you own a health food store in a small city. You might look at data on health food customers in general, such as their average income and motivations for shopping there, but you also need to understand your own local area as well, because some of those factors may not apply. Your customers might have a bit less money than the average customer, or they might have different reasons for shopping there.
In order to truly understand your customer, you need to know their demographics including their ages, ethnicity, and gender. In order to advertise better, an effective digital signage must know the hobbies and interests of their perceived customer. This is to better familiarise themselves on what makes their customers interested. You also must ask the question on why your customers would want your product. You cannot disregard the emotional and physical need that your product meets. You have to ask them about their opinionabout your competitors’ products. Lastly, you should seek out their opinion on your current advertising.
Speak Their Language
You need to tailor your advertising messages in a way that speaks directly to your audience. So, if your audience tends to be a bit more sarcastic, your digital signage content should be snarky. If you have a very traditional audience, then your content should be clean and respectful.
There are two very important caveats to keep in mind when you are trying to talk like your audience. The first is that you are careful to not appear to pander. We have all seen advertisements that try to talk like the “cool kids” and just end up sounding dated or desperate.
Second, you need to make sure that your messaging lines up with the rest of your brand voice. If you speak like a millennial on your digital signage but a boomer on your website, that’s going to be jarring to your audience.
You need to determine what your brand voice is before you advertise on digital signage and whether you need to adjust your brand voice to reach your customers, because that’s the real point of all of this: reaching your customers and convincing them your product is worth their time, energy and money.
Jarvis Martin Commercial Displays are recognised for designing and creating merchandising systems that inspire, evolve and endure. We believe in having a good time while doing what we love, and we do love what we do.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO
- Retail Shelving Ideas for the New Normal
- Automatic Contactless Hand Sanitiser Stands: Order Online at Jarvis Martin Merchandising
- Retail Display Stands: Online Shopping Made Easier for All Your Melbourne Retail Store Display Needs
- Integrating Different Retail Displays, Shelvings, and Digital Displays in Retail Shopfitting
- Customised Countertop Displays for Specialty Shops: Choose the Best Manufacturer in Melbourne
- Timber and Vinyl Flooring Displays: Offering Protection While Showcasing Your Timber and Vinyl Flooring Products
- Let Your Rugs and Carpets Stand Out by Using High Quality Rug and Carpet Display Stands
- Customised Glass Display Cabinets: The Elegant Way to Showcase Limited Edition Products
- Essential Posters and Signage for Businesses amid COVID-19
- The Importance of Installing Crowd Control Line Barriers in Public Places for Social Distancing