- About Us
- Flooring Displays
- Retail Displays
- Retail Shelving
- Crowd Control
- Digital Displays
- Display Cabinets
- Contact Us
November 4, 2019
To give consumers an overview of their products, retail shops often place them on display boxes and cases. Most of these store displays are made up of acrylic since this material is durable, transparent, and can withstand long-term usage. Aside from stores, some companies, schools, and other private organizations are also using acrylic displays to showcase achievements and upcoming projects.
Although acrylic displays are rigid, users must still take care of them to avoid replacing them all the time. If you have acrylic displays on your facilities, you can follow these tips to keep their lifespan longer.
Many people often underestimate dust particles that are present on things and products. Thankfully, acrylic displays that are full of dust can be wiped easily with the correct materials. Most of the time, feather duster can already do the trick in removing dust. However, if you want the displays to be extra clean, you may use a lint-free microfiber cloth to wipe all the dust.
The frequency of your dusting depends on the surroundings. If you have well-maintained air filtration and conditioning, then you can dust your acrylic once every other week. On the other hand, if your place is exposed to numerous external variables, then you are required to clean your acrylic displays every other day.
The very first thing that you don’t want for your acrylic displays are scratches and smudges. They may be durable, but these materials can be easily dented when cleaned the wrong way. Avoid using window cleaning fluids, ammonia products, gasoline, denatured alcohol, acetone, or any other chemical sprays for your acrylic. Instead, create a mild solution out of mixing soap or detergent to warm water, and then pour your mild solution on a soft or microfiber cloth when you wipe the displays.
Your mild solution will work on new stains and marks. However, this may not work all the time. Tough marks such as remains of self-adhesive, grease, oil, and tar can only be removed by solvents like hexane, naphtha, or kerosene. After wiping off the marks, quickly rinse off and dry your acrylic displays as they can be damaged by solvents when exposed for too long.
Scratches and any other damages may inevitably occur to your acrylic displays when used for a long time. Fortunately, there are several techniques that can help you remove unwanted damages to your acrylics.
When removing minor scratches, you may apply a thin coat of automobile polish or floor or automobile wax to your acrylic displays. With your ever-reliable soft cloth, evenly wipe the applied agents on the surface of your acrylic.
If your acrylic displays are exposed to the sun for a long time, there is a high chance that they now have a yellowish hue. To solve this, you can smooth them out using a series of sandpaper grits followed by buffing with plastic polish or wax.
Now that you know how to take care of acrylic displays, you can now turn to Jarvis Martin for your acrylic needs. Our company offers high-quality acrylic displays that are suitable for your shops.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO
- Integrating Different Retail Displays, Shelvings, and Digital Displays in Retail Shopfitting
- Customised Countertop Displays for Specialty Shops: Choose the Best Manufacturer in Melbourne
- Timber and Vinyl Flooring Displays: Offering Protection While Showcasing Your Timber and Vinyl Flooring Products
- Let Your Rugs and Carpets Stand Out by Using High Quality Rug and Carpet Display Stands
- Customised Glass Display Cabinets: The Elegant Way to Showcase Limited Edition Products
- Essential Posters and Signage for Businesses amid COVID-19
- The Importance of Installing Crowd Control Line Barriers in Public Places for Social Distancing
- Acrylic Displays: The Convenient and Trendy Way to Showcase Your Products
- Basic Advertising Principles for an Effective Digital Signage
- How Crowd Control Systems Drive Efficiency and Sales in Large Retails Stores