- About Us
- Flooring Displays
- Retail Shelving
- Retail Displays
- Crowd Control
- Digital Displays
- Display Cabinets
- Contact Us
September 26, 2019
4. They Lack Purpose
While e-commerce retail sites are ever-increasing in number today, they hold one disadvantage over the traditional brick-and-mortar stores, namely the lack of physical merchandise displays that allow customers to touch and see their products in person. Many consumers still prefer to shop in this manner rather than online. Sadly, not all traditional retail shops utilise their in-store product displays in effective ways. To prevent this from happening to you, we share some reasons why your in-store merchandise displays may not be working well for you in the following, so you can improve them where needed.
1. The Displays Are Too Busy
When trying to capture the attention of your customers, it is easy to overdo on your displays if you are not careful. At times, less is more effective than making a display so busy that the customers cannot understand what you are trying to sell them. For this reason, keep the message of the display clear and precise.
2. They Are One-Dimensional
Multi-dimensional displays provide layers of products and or information. Displays of this nature make customers stop and linger in front of them. The longer that they linger, the more likely they are to purchase the showcased products. If your displays are one-dimensional, though, your customers will just keep walking by them without stopping for a closer look.
3. Your Displays Are Overly Complicated to Maintain or Rearrange
It is difficult to rearrange or maintain overly complex displays. Remember that the displays require constant attention when you set them up to keep customers interested in their content. If you create ones that consume too much time and effort to put together, update or take apart, you may fall behind in caring for them.
4. They Lack Purpose
Even when your displays are attractive, they will be ineffective if they do not generate any sales. Retailers make this mistake often if they fail to show the product prices or use items in their displays that they do not sell. Another way that your displays can lack purpose is that they are not located in highly visible places in the store.
5. Your Displays Might Fail to Stimulate Your Customers’ Senses
Be certain that your product displays stimulate your customers’ senses. One example of this is a display of scented candles that are not wrapped in plastic, so that your customers can smell the various scents. Of course, there are many other senses to appeal to in order to entice your customers into buying your products.
For other reasons why your in-store product displays are not working well for your sales, consult with Jarvis Martin. Our company specialises in a wide variety of display units and can advise you on which ones are the best for your purposes.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO
- Five Tips for Ideal Digital Display Design and Placement
- New Normal Basics for Stores: Why Invest in Crowd Control Barriers?
- Maximise Customer Satisfaction and Convenience with Digital Displays
- Promote Your Products and Services the Safe Way: Shop Online for Digital Displays
- Minimise Retail Shelving Damages: Order Ceramic Displays Online
- Retail Shelving Ideas for the New Normal
- Automatic Contactless Hand Sanitiser Stands: Order Online at Jarvis Martin Merchandising
- Retail Display Stands: Online Shopping Made Easier for All Your Melbourne Retail Store Display Needs
- Integrating Different Retail Displays, Shelvings, and Digital Displays in Retail Shopfitting
- Customised Countertop Displays for Specialty Shops: Choose the Best Manufacturer in Melbourne