- About Us
- Flooring Displays
- Retail Displays
- Retail Shelving
- Crowd Control
- Digital Displays
- Display Cabinets
- Contact Us
February 7, 2020
Many remain unaware that retail shelving is just as important as much as any detail of your business. If you equip your retail business with the right type of shelving then you can guarantee an increase in the sales of your products as well as a regular and consistent healthy profit. Likewise, there is certain retail shelving that just won’t cut it. Below are the signs that tell you your retail shelving isn’t working for your business.
Inappropriate Retail Shelving
Since there are many different types of retail shelving that you can use in your stores including but not limited to dump displays (dump bins), rolling racks, F-stack displays, wire shelving, pegboards, pallet racks and G Cut-case displays and end caps. However, if you do not consider which type is appropriate for your retail business, then most likely you will end up with an inappropriate one. The point of shelving is to present your product in such a way that your customers want to buy your goods. Even spend more than they had initially intended when walking into your stores. That’s not going to happen if you choose the wrong shelving.
Space-Consuming Retail Shelving
It is important to note that shelving, if not utilised properly, can lead to a waste of retail business’ space. Since the goal of shelving is to present your products in a way that leads to increased sales and profitability, you can’t afford to waste any space. So, if you have a small store, you’re not going to include a massive two-sided gondola that takes up so much space that you don’t have enough room for other displays. You might want to rather include a one-sided gondola and placed it against the walls around your store. Same goes with a large store with small retail displays that are often unseen in the midst all of your merchandise.
Against Recommended Shelving Principles
As much as it’s important to have the right shelving and ensure they take up the appropriate amount of store space, none of it will matter if you don’t adhere to recommended shelf planning principles. There are specific reasons for these shelf planning principles. Besides improving the aesthetic appeal of your shelves, they also make it easier for your customers to shop your store. As a retailer who intends to make profit, the last thing you’d want is to make it harder for your customers to shop your stores. Following the recommended shelving principles ensures a uniformity that goes beyond aesthetically appealing shelves and filters into the overall look and feel of your store.
As you peruse to the examples of useless and detrimental retail shelving, you may want to adhere to the right ways instead. If you want to consider buying retail shelving, contact us now at Jarvis Martin. We can provide you the best retail shelving for your store.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO
- Timber and Vinyl Flooring Displays: Offering Protection While Showcasing Your Timber and Vinyl Flooring Products
- Let Your Rugs and Carpets Stand Out by Using High Quality Rug and Carpet Display Stands
- Customised Glass Display Cabinets: The Elegant Way to Showcase Limited Edition Products
- Essential Posters and Signage for Businesses amid COVID-19
- The Importance of Installing Crowd Control Line Barriers in Public Places for Social Distancing
- Acrylic Displays: The Convenient and Trendy Way to Showcase Your Products
- Basic Advertising Principles for an Effective Digital Signage
- How Crowd Control Systems Drive Efficiency and Sales in Large Retails Stores
- Types of Store or Shop that Can Use Glass Cabinets
- Signs that Tell Your Retail Shelving Isn’t Working for Your Business